Don Bauder 10:30 p.m., July 24
MX stock surge
Mexico seeing record highs in stock market
Mexico’s benchmark IPC index, which contains the nation’s leading 35 stocks, hit a record high by the end of trading on Monday, December 10th. The index broke past the 43,000 barrier, for the first time in history, as Mexico continues to make up ground on markets in China and Brazil.
Investors are cautious on the record highs as Mexico depends on a strong U.S. economy in order to continue to make progress.
Global emerging markets strategists at Citi have projected the IPC index could hit 51,000 by the end of 2013.
More like this:
- Baja California’s drop in murder rate confirmed by government statistics — July 31, 2013
- Opium poppy plantation found near Tecate, Baja California — May 13, 2013
- Mexico’s peso and stock market staying strong — Jan. 18, 2013
- Mexican peso ending year on high note — Dec. 31, 2012
- Housing Bubble At End of Binge — Oct. 13, 2005