Mercy Baron 7:30 p.m., May 27
MX stock surge
Mexico seeing record highs in stock market
Mexico’s benchmark IPC index, which contains the nation’s leading 35 stocks, hit a record high by the end of trading on Monday, December 10th. The index broke past the 43,000 barrier, for the first time in history, as Mexico continues to make up ground on markets in China and Brazil.
Investors are cautious on the record highs as Mexico depends on a strong U.S. economy in order to continue to make progress.
Global emerging markets strategists at Citi have projected the IPC index could hit 51,000 by the end of 2013.
More like this:
- American households ailing; Wall Street rejoices — Sept. 18, 2013
- Mexico’s peso and stock market staying strong — Jan. 18, 2013
- Mother Abby Sees New Bull Market. Time to Sell? — Aug. 6, 2009
- Deflation Here? Consumer Prices Drop. So Do Stocks, Residential Real Estate, Commodities, and Consumer, Investor Confidence — Nov. 19, 2008
- Housing Bubble At End of Binge — Oct. 13, 2005