Liz Swain 1:30 p.m., July 7
Waiting for an update
City extends timeline for completion of community plan update in Uptown
As Tom Petty once sang; "The waiting is the hardest part."
For the residents living in Uptown communities of Hillcrest, North Park, Golden Hill, and South Park waiting for an update to their community plan, they know just how hard the waiting is and will know for some time to come.
On December 5, Director of Development Services for the City, Kelly Broughton, released a new timeline for the completion of the community plan updates. In the report, to be presented to planning commissioners at a meeting later this week, the completion date has been pushed from February 2013 to January 2014.
The new timeline is just another delay in what has been a series of delays.
Back in 2009, the City began holding community workshops and hosted a series of charrettes. Then, in February of this year, Broughton set the release-date for the draft update for February 2013. In that same report, Broughton anticipated that the environmental impact report would be made available for review in August 2013.
It was welcome news for residents who spent countless hours battling what they considered to be ill-fitting development projects proposed for their community. It was even better news for residents of Hillcrest and Mission Hills who fought long and hard for the implementation of a permanent height ordinance.
But with the new report it seems as if residents will not be able to put those issues to rest for some time.
--http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs... --http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs... --http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/20... --http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/20... --http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/20... --http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs...
We are waiting to hear back from the City's Development Services Department on the reason for the delay.
More like this:
- City emails show Mitt Romney fast at work on La Jolla remodel only three days after losing the election — March 4, 2013
- Kilroy Realty throws one-million dollars at city lobbyists to help with permits for One Paseo — Feb. 6, 2013
- Density Increase Planned For North Park: Thousands of Single-Family Homes Will Vanish — July 25, 2012
- City Releases Timeline For Community Plan Updates in Uptown, North Park, and Golden Hill — March 6, 2012
- Uptown Residents Want Uptown Partnership Gone For Good — Sept. 14, 2011