Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Oct. 22
Community gateway sign proposed for Barrio Logan
Caltrans and the Port of San Diego are planning public meetings concerning the erection of a new community sign that would serve as a gateway to San Diego’s Barrio Logan neighborhood.
The first meeting, to discuss the sign concept and gather input on design, will be held at Woodbury University School of Architecture on Thursday, August 30, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Additional meetings, with times and locations as yet to be determined, will follow the design process until a final design draft is presented to the Barrio Logan community.
The sign forms part of the Tenth Avenue Marine Terminal Port Access Project, which also includes “crosswalk enhancements, lane adjustments, and beautification improvements in the community.”
More like this:
- What the emails tell us — April 3, 2014
- City sued over petition drive to overturn Barrio Logan plan — Nov. 14, 2013
- Proposed Barrio Logan entryway sign unveiled — March 8, 2013
- East Village seeks entryway sign — Jan. 4, 2013
- The Push for Community-Benefit Districts in Barrio Logan — Jan. 17, 2012