Walter Mencken 9:15 a.m., March 28
No Kissing Sighted at San Marcos Chick-Fil-A Today
A private security guard at a San Diego County fast-food restaurant said it was a “normal flow of business” and that he saw “nothing out of the ordinary” today, Friday, August 3.
When asked if he had witnessed any unusual kissing at the San Marcos location, Charles Brinkman said, “No, I did not.”
There had been reports that gay activists would make public protest by kissing or a “kiss-in” at Chick-Fil-A restaurants today, because the founder of the fast-food chain made statements supporting traditional marriage .
A man and his wife and their 11-month-old son ate chicken sandwiches in the shade of an umbrella on an outside patio. David Goss said, “We’re here just because we support Chick-Fil-A and their management. We don’t think it’s fair their being financially attacked for the owner expressing his opinion.”
When David Goss opened his boxed sandwich he added, “We also enjoy their food.”
More like this:
- Deputy said he noticed heroin user in Vista restaurant — April 2, 2013
- Ice Cream Month: Out With A Bang! — Aug. 2, 2012
- Long Lines of Customers at Chick-Fil-A — Aug. 1, 2012
- Buy Chicken, Enjoy Kiss-In at Restaurant in Midway District — Aug. 1, 2012
- Chick-fil-A Mania to Strike Carmel Mountain — Aug. 18, 2011