Darrin DuFord 3:30 p.m., Dec. 26
League of Conservation Voters Issues Dismal Report Card for City Officials
The San Diego chapter of the League of Conservation Voters yesterday issued a rather dismal report card reviewing actions of Mayor Jerry Sanders and the city council. Only three council members were ranked by the group at a level of C or better, while two received failing grades and the other three shared the mayor’s D ranking.
Elected officials were scored this year for criteria identified by the League including “voting to adopt a comprehensive policy for sustainable water supply in San Diego, voting to return amendments pertaining to wetland deviations back to the Land Use andHousing Committee for environmental review, despite recommendations from MayorSanders’ staff that the Council approve the amendments, voting to establish San Diego’s all-electric vehicle car-share pilot program, [and] establishing an administrative regulation to ban single-use plastic water bottles and plastic foam products.”
Rankings were as follows:
Mayor Sanders: D- Sherri Lightner (District 1): D Kevin Faulconer (2): F Tood Gloria (3): B Tony Young (4): D Carl DeMaio (5): F Lorie Zapf (6): D- Marti Emerald (7): B David Alvarez (8): C+
A full copy of the Environmental Quality Report Card, including actions the League is pushing officials to adopt in the coming year, can be found here.
More like this:
- Out with the old... — Dec. 6, 2012
- 10 Points for Denial on July 19th to Save Mission Trails Regional Park — July 3, 2012
- Frye Gets Highest Grade on Environmental Voting — April 20, 2011
- Ad Hoc Committee Says Auditor Should Be Independent; Says City's Financial Processes Ill-Defined — April 26, 2008
- Jerry Sanders Is Susan Golding In Drag — April 26, 2007