Mary Leary 4 p.m., Aug. 27
Disabilities Act Lawyer Suspended Temporarily
Attorney Theodore Arthur Pinnock, who has filed more than 2,000 lawsuits against San Diego County businesses for violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, was suspended for 90 days by the California State Bar on Jan. 27.
The suspension did not relate to his activities of suing businesses. According to the bar, Pinnock removed $4,000 from a client trust account.
In the bar records, Pinnock is listed as a resident of the Philippines, although his phone and fax numbers are in San Diego County.
In 2007, a judge imposed sanctions against Pinnock, ordering him to complete ethics training and pay $15,000 in legal fees. He had filed suit against a business that had been closed for two years. Pinnock is himself disabled
More like this:
- Disabilities act lawsuits pile up — July 23, 2014
- Three county lawyers disciplined — May 2, 2014
- FINRA disciplines six area customers' representatives — Sept. 17, 2013
- It Wasn’t the Economy, Stupid — July 21, 2010
- The Plaintiff Knew Nothing — Dec. 30, 2009