Jeff Smith noon, March 8
3 Year-Old Dead From Falling Furniture
A three-year-old girl died on Tuesday night in Encinitas after she was struck by falling furniture in her family's garage.
Homicide detectives are investigating the North County home after the Medical Examiner's Office informed the Sheriff's Department of the young girl's death at 9:59 pm on September 6.
Officials from the Sheriff's Department say a preliminary investigation of the scene shows the toddler was injured in the garage, and then transported by her mother and mother's boyfriend to Scripps Encinitas Hospital. The girl was then airlifted to Rady Children's Hospital in Kearny Mesa where she later died.
More like this:
- Mother of drowned children arrested, four months later — Sept. 20, 2013
- Murder suspect in custody three years with no evidence presented yet — July 21, 2013
- Fugitive apprehended in Encinitas — April 11, 2013
- Valley Center man accused in mother's death due in court — Jan. 14, 2013
- Murder suspect arrested in Oregon — Jan. 7, 2013