Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 10
Qualcomm Announces Leadership Changes
San Diego-based mobile technology firm Qualcomm Inc. announced a shakeup in its executive roster on Tuesday.
Steve Altman takes over the vice chair role while Steve Mollenkopf accepted a promotion to fill the roles of president and chief operating officer. Derek Aberle rises to fill the positions of executive vice president and group president.
"I would like to congratulate all three gentlemen on their new positions and thank them for their many years of service to the Company. Their leadership has been instrumental in Qualcomm's success and I look forward to working with them in their expanded roles," said Paul Jacobs, chairman and CEO at Qualcomm in a press release.
Altman has spent 22 years with Qualcomm, while Mollenkopf and Aberle have 17 and 11 years of service respectively.
More like this:
- Command Problems Aboard USS San Diego — July 18, 2012
- Top Qualcomm Executives Give Big to Nathan Fletcher — Feb. 7, 2012
- Leadership Change on Navy Explosives Team — Jan. 5, 2012
- Buddied Up — March 23, 2006
- Strikeouts — Dec. 6, 2001