Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., March 11
SD Growth to Continue Lagging U.S.
Economist Kelly Cunningham of National University System Institute for Policy Research says that this year, inflation-adjusted growth in San Diego will come in at 1.4%, which will top California's 1.2% but lag the U.S.'s 1.6%. Next year, the San Diego economy will grow by 1.8%, California 1.6% and the U.S. 1.9%, says Cunningham. One major problem for San Diego is that real estate activities account for 20% of economic activity, and those are weak spots.
More like this:
- San Diego’s 2014 economy looking so-so — Dec. 31, 2013
- San Diego's economic recovery lags state, nation — Nov. 20, 2013
- Economy for 2013: San Diego worse than state, nation? — Dec. 26, 2012
- Face Facts — Aug. 13, 2008
- Next Firestorm - Political — Nov. 8, 2007