Matthew Lickona 3 p.m., Feb. 24
Occupy San Diego Protesters Being Arrested at Civic Center Teach-in
Verbatim from an emergency alert from Occupy San Diego media liason Ray Lutz.
People congregating at the central Civic Center Plaza in San Diego are now being arrested for "loitering" during educational teach-ins.
Cameras and media are requested to cover this egregious overstepping of the rights of the public to meet in the public square. Police say all gatherings are not allowed for the next 48 hours.
People who wish to support the rights of the public to gather in the public square should come immediately to the Civic Center Plaza.
More like this:
- Little interest in Occupy's second anniversary — Sept. 18, 2013
- Lawsuit filed over voter registration arrest — Sept. 17, 2012
- Occupy San Diego Protester on Hunger Strike Arrested — Dec. 10, 2011
- Tiny Tents Occupy Civic Center Plaza — Nov. 28, 2011
- Who Occupies San Diego? — Oct. 8, 2011