Ian Pike 4 p.m., Dec. 12
Dr. Wayne Iverson, the San Diego physician that successfully challenged President Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, announced that he is running for California's 52nd Congressional District. The district encompasses most of East County and stretches north to the Anza Borrego State Park.
Iverson's main goal is repealing President Obama's health plan. "The battle will be to have Obamacare repealed legislatively or revoked by the [United States] Supreme Court, and replaced with new wholesome healthcare legislation. We need new legislation that doesn't cost the tax payers trillions of dollars while removing 500 billion dollars from our seniors' Medicare trust account."
In addition to opposing President Obama's health care reform law, Iverson's website lists his support for fewer taxes and fewer government regulations. However, in his announcement Iverson solely focused on health care.
"From the start, this federal law has been poorly crafted, it greatly over-reaches and it distorts the delivery of medical professional services. Obamacare is now being challenged at the highest legal levels in this country with doctors telling the US Supreme Court that this government controlled health plan is harmful to patients and is unconstitutional.
The seriousness and the extent of the problems in Obamacare are obvious and the public deserves to have these problems addressed."
More like this:
- Cyber Monday ad-buy blasts local Rep. Scott Peters — Dec. 3, 2013
- Americans for Prosperity launches Scott Peters attack ad — Oct. 25, 2013
- Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform runs new anti-Peters ad — Oct. 31, 2012
- Candidates Face Off in First 52nd Congressional District Forum — Feb. 24, 2012
- That's ok, sir, I am authorized to offer a 50% discount — July 7, 2010