Garrett Harris 4 p.m., Aug. 27
Law Enforcement Agencies Offer $20,000 for Information on Geezer Bandit
Chalk another heist up for the Geezer Bandit. FBI agents and San Diego Police Department now believe that he was responsible for a robbery at a Wells Fargo banking center inside the Von's supermarket on September 30.
If it was the senior stick-up artist, then that makes 15 banks in over two-years time, 11 in San Diego County.
In the latest heist, law enforcement officials say he demanded money from the teller while showing a revolver. The teller handed him the cash and walked out of the building.
Now, looking for help from the public, law enforcement agencies are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
The Geezer Bandit is described as white, 60-70 years old, around 6-feet tall, and weighing approximately 200 pounds. Officials consider him armed and dangerous.
More like this:
- Gap-Toothed Bandit tries to take bite out of justice — Feb. 25, 2016
- Insistent/Bite Me Bandit pleads guilty — June 6, 2013
- Feds take over Chubby Bandit case — Oct. 25, 2012
- Imposter Geezer Bandit Strikes Carlsbad — Jan. 12, 2011
- Self-Probe? Ha! — Jan. 21, 2009