Matt Potter 12:36 p.m., Aug. 4
SDG&E Offers Energy Efficient Holiday Light Exchange
San Diego Gas & Electric has announced that, for the sixth straight year, the utility will give away up to three strands of energy-efficient Christmas lights to anyone willing to trade in their old incandescent bulbs.
Last year, 4,300 customers participated, turning in over 12,000 light sets. SDG&E says the new lights save customers up to 90% on electricity costs. Since the program’s inception, nearly 41,000 sets of lights have been exchanged.
The company is also encouraging customers to visit their website at www.sdge.com and sign up for My Energy Charts, which can track power usage by the month, week, day, and even down to the hour.
Specific dates and times for the six light exchange events occurring across the county can be found here.
More like this:
- Utility's solution for those hamstrung by rising rates: use less power — Sept. 12, 2013
- Proposed Solar Fee — Oct. 17, 2011
- SDG&E Installing 26 Megawatts of Solar Property Improvements — Sept. 3, 2010
- Per Watt Savings from Off-Grid Solar Panels Balance SDG&E Proposed Rate Hikes — Aug. 18, 2010
- Energy News: CPUC Approves SDG&E 2010 Energy Recovery at $827 Million — April 13, 2010