Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Nov. 29
Pride Contingent to March in Veteran's Parade
With the recent repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, the San Diego LGBT Pride organization, promoters of the annual Pride parade and festival, are preparing a contingent to march in the city’s Veteran’s Day Parade.
“With the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, LGBT servicemembers and veterans can at last walk openly with their families to receive the full support of their community, and the recognition they have earned with their service to our country,” says the group’s website, which is soliciting participants to join the group.
Those interested in marching are asked to wear clothing denoting the branch the service where they or their loved ones have served, though a caution is issued to check military regulations before deciding the join the group in uniform.
More like this:
- Log Cabin Republicans Dump Fletcher — March 30, 2012
- Local LGBT Republican Group Doesn’t Endorse DeMaio or Dumanis for Mayor — Oct. 25, 2011
- DeMaio Critics Bash Recent Endorsements, Refusal to Debate — Oct. 25, 2011
- Pride Parade Goeth Before Them All. Wrath Next? Greed? — July 20, 2011
- A Matter of Pride — Feb. 25, 2010