Vincent Farnsworth 7:30 p.m., April 24
DUI's Drying Up in San Diego County
So far, during the Memorial Day weekend driving under the influence arrests are down in San Diego County compared to last year, states a press release from the Sheriff’s Department.
From midnight Friday morning to midnight Saturday law enforcement officials arrested 129 individuals for driving under the influence, 16 less than during the same time period the year before.
The arrests have been made at DUI checkpoints and routine traffic stops and are part of a statewide initiative, Avoid the 14 DUI campaign, which was funded through a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety.
Sobriety checkpoint in Fallbrook
More like this:
- New Year's DUI crackdowns begin, SDPD officer injured by suspected drunk in Santee — Dec. 31, 2012
- San Marcos DUI checkpoint — Dec. 22, 2012
- $300,000 in federal funds for Sheriff's anti-DUI campaign — Oct. 31, 2012
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- All Cops on Deck — March 9, 2010