Dorian Hargrove 6:30 p.m., Sept. 1
Imperial Beach and Medical Marijuana
Hundreds of residents of Imperial Beach have sent letters to the city, demanding that the city council lift the moratorium on medical-marijuana dispensaries.
During a meeting in December, the council asked city staff to return with an ordinance banning dispensaries. The council felt the dispensaries would bring crime to the beach community. On June 15, the Imperial Beach City Council will introduce that ordinance.
Meanwhile, opponents of the ban are asking that residents send letters to the city. "At least 80 percent of the people I talk to are against the ban" says Marcus Boyd, an Imperial Beach business owner and organizer of stopthebanIB.org.
Boyd plans to hold a rally before the June 15 meeting and is asking that residents come to the meeting in opposition of the ordinance.
More like this:
- Imperial Beach City Council Forced to Address Pot Dispensary Ban — June 25, 2012
- Americans for Safe Access Comments on Imperial Beach Ban — June 14, 2011
- Ban? What Ban? — June 13, 2011
- Imperial Beach refuses to implement recommendations of the Grand Jury — July 6, 2010
- Imperial Ban — July 6, 2010