Dave Rice 1:30 p.m., March 31
Federal Government Sends Billions to Local Contractors
A report issued today touts the continued strength of San Diego’s business community to court federal government contracts. Covering a period of time spanning from 2007 to 2010, government spending in the region increased by 50%. Federal dollars flowing into San Diego during the four year span totaled $55 billion, with $11.5 billion going specifically to information technology firms. Further, the dollars continue to flow, with $21.7 billion expected to be up for grabs in 2013.
Issuing the study was Deltek Information Systems, based in Virginia. The company provides data to government contractors and promises “potential teaming partners and recommendations for navigating San Diego’s Navy opportunities,” and a “SPAWAR organization chart featuring the agency’s top leaders and key contacts,” to any company willing to shell out $995 for the expanded version.
More like this:
- International military bribery scheme uncovered — Sept. 17, 2013
- Peters starts small on deficit reduction — July 23, 2013
- Border Militarization Protects Defense Profits as Wars Wind Down — Feb. 7, 2012
- Gene Ray Makes Hall of Fame. Hmmm — April 1, 2011
- New Kind of Strippers — Jan. 23, 2008