Scott Marks 4:30 p.m., Dec. 5
Dumanis' Campaign Begins
It's official, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis' campaign to be San Diego's next mayor is now underway. With three days remaining before mayoral candidates are allowed to accept campaign donations, Dumanis will appear at a June 2 meeting of the Clairemont Town Council to give a 30-minute presentation.
"I believe that [Dumanis] is going to talk about her role as [District Attorney]," writes town council president, Brandy Christian. "Since she's running for Mayor, I'm sure she'll probably take questions about what her vision for the city is."
Until now, that vision has been hard to make out. Since announcing her candidacy in early March, Dumanis has not laid out a specific platform, nor has she provided a clear vision of what she hopes to accomplish as mayor.
Dumanis will speak at 8:15pm in the Clairemont High School Cafeteria.
More like this:
- Another candidate enters the race for District Attorney — Sept. 26, 2013
- Bonnie Dumanis kicks off campaign for fourth-term as District Attorney — Feb. 4, 2013
- Busted: Dumanis Denies Involvement in Pines Case, Photos Tell a Different Story — Sept. 13, 2011
- San Diego DA Bonnie Dumanis to Run for Mayor — March 13, 2011
- Their Interests Are Interlocked — July 14, 2005