James Michael Dorsey 1:10 p.m., Feb. 23
PriceSmart Stock Leaps
Shares of PriceSmart, the warehouse retailer that sells consumer goods and perishable foods in Latin America, are up 11.6% to $60.54 as the market nears its close today (July 7).
Volume is very heavy. The shares are already up 140% over the last year. The company came up with great results in its third-quarter report and is going to expand operations in Colombia. It is now big in Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad, Guatemala and several other locations.
"The growth story has only just begun," says Motley Fool. Stocks of other retailers such as Target are up today.
More like this:
- PriceSmart brouhaha in Jamaica resolved — June 16, 2014
- Could McGrory Have Given More? — Nov. 1, 2011
- Stock of Charlotte Russe, Retailer That May Sell Itself, Comes Down Sharply — Jan. 23, 2009
- New Qualcomm Exec Off to Foundering Start — Jan. 19, 2006
- Look at the Losers — Dec. 11, 2003