Walter Mencken 2:37 p.m., March 1
Shooting Call Leads Cops to Pot-Growing Operation
Around 8 p.m. last night, San Marcos sheriff’s deputies responded to a shooting during what was described as a “home invasion robbery” in the 100 block of Bosstick Boulevard in San Marcos.
On arrival at a woodworking business at the address, deputies found two victims of multiple gunshot wounds. Both were transported to Palomar Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The suspects were described as three black males, one about 5’6” and the other two both approximately 6’4” tall. They were possibly driving a black Honda.
On further investigation at the crime scene, deputies discovered what they described as a “medium-sized indoor marijuana grow.” Investigators later issued a search warrant and confiscated 20 marijuana plants, an undisclosed amount of processed marijuana, and indoor gardening equipment.
The shooting and the discovery of the operation that it led to are being treated as two separate investigations; both are ongoing.
More like this:
- A Team makes high school drug busts — May 1, 2013
- Sheriff's Department busts two rural marijuana grows — Feb. 25, 2013
- Probation Sweep Leads to Bonsall Pot Farm — Aug. 3, 2012
- Recently Released Inmate Found Living at Pot Grow House — May 4, 2012
- School Burglary Investigation Leads to Pot, Weapons Arrests — Feb. 1, 2012