Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 26
Marti Emerald To Run For 9th District Council Seat
First term councilmember Marti Emerald announced that she is running for re-election to the city council, but this time around for a different district.
One day after the Redistricting Committee approved new council boundaries, Emerald launched a campaign for the newly created 9th District. The new district includes many of the communities from the 7th District, but will add neighborhoods such as City Heights, Talmadge, Kensington, Rolando, and Mountain View to the list.
Emerald sold her home in Tierrasanta and has since relocated to the College Area.
“My staff and I have been representing many of the neighborhoods in this new district since I assumed office and we have a great relationship with them”, stated Emerald. “I look forward to continuing our partnership with these communities and the other neighborhoods in our new district”.
Emerald said she plans to "get up to speed" in those new 9th District communities, in order to ensure a seamless transition.
More like this:
- Dirty football — Aug. 24, 2016
- Skate park in City Heights still not open — June 1, 2016
- Construction allowed to begin...again on Centerpoint development near SDSU — May 24, 2013
- Democrats Announce Endorsements For "Non-Partisan" City Elections — Sept. 21, 2011
- Anyone Paying Attention to the Provisional Ballot Count in District 7? — Nov. 12, 2008