Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
A thief, or some Mills Act-obsessed crook, continues to swipe the historic plaques from homes in Mission Hills.
Since Monday four plaques have been ripped from historic homes in Uptown. Two of which came from homes on Fort Stockton Drive in Mission Hills. In the past 3-4 weeks, 21 plaques have gone missing, according to Save Our Heritage Organisation. A total of eight have been reported missing along Fort Stockton Drive.
News of the historic-plaque-heist was posted on Save Our Heritage Organisation's Facebook page.
"We need to put a tracking devise on all plaques, statues and every metal public art that can be resold. It is such a shame that this is happening," posted one Facebook user.
More like this:
- Save Our Heritage Organisation defends The Castle, sues City Council to return building's historical designation — April 11, 2013
- National Park Service Opposes Plaza de Panama Project — May 9, 2012
- Plundering Historic Plaques — Aug. 2, 2011
- SOHO Organizes Protest Against Plaza de Panama Plan — July 18, 2011
- Fat City to Become Another Long Gone Concert Venue? — June 13, 2011