Susan Luzzaro 6:30 p.m., July 31
Canine "Annie" Star Orphaned, Seeks Home
County Animal Services are once again looking for a home for Mocha, described as “[a] talented and friendly terrier-blend who became a local stage star.” The five year-old female dog was relinquished to animal services earlier this year.
In May, Mocha was discovered in the county’s Bonita shelter by a trainer looking for a dog to play the role of Sandy in a local stage production of Annie at Vista’s Moonlight Theater. The play’s run ended on Saturday.
Though mild tempered and friendly around humans, Mocha would be best as the only pet in a permanent home, according to Animal Services. Parties interested in adopting her can download this application and fax to 760) 431-8401 or deliver it to the North County shelter at 2481 Palomar Airport Road in Carlsbad. Shelter staff and Mocha’s current foster parent will review applications and select the best adoptive family.
More like this:
- Local municipalities pushing to get cats sterilized ahead of peak breeding season — Feb. 8, 2013
- Off the Beaten Path: Mystic Mocha — Feb. 8, 2012
- Surfing Canines Star in "San Diego Dogs" Music Video — Nov. 7, 2011
- Rescue People Are Very Angry — Feb. 12, 2004
- Marriage is Temporary, Dogs are Forever — Feb. 23, 2000