Ya know the government thinks it is ok to cut pay and push people out of the military to help the buget and yet they wonder why so many soldiers are getting out, attempting suicide and falling victim to the legal system.

Comments

mngcornaglia May 19, 2011 @ 9:28 a.m.

there could be some assistance at the va. did they try that?

TaJuana Dunlap May 20, 2011 @ 11:45 a.m.

I get what your saying but what I meant was that the combation of bad judgements in government in combination with how the military has changed for the worse is why many soilders are doing these things. Most of them don't recieve treament for these issues because they were never told they had a problem and some invent them just to get out or act out to get out. The military should be more helpful to our soldiers instead of chaptering them out over the dumbest crap. I miss when the military took care of their own. There a very small groups now that will take the time to help out a fellow soldier but most would rather kick one out to get a new one before they fix it.

TaJuana Dunlap May 24, 2011 @ 12:21 p.m.

I appriciate every word you said and thank you for your support. God bless and take care.

nan shartel May 19, 2011 @ 2:31 p.m.

the military is more inconsiderate then any other governmental agency i know...they should be ashamed of themselves :=(

SurfPuppy619 May 19, 2011 @ 9:53 p.m.

nan, I used to work with all the military commissary’s here in So Cal, and the incompetence and passing of the back/failure to take any responsibility I saw was mind boggling. It was really sort of shocking given the fact that the military should have had more discipline and responsibility instilled in their members, certainly compared to other areas of the government.

TaJuana Dunlap May 20, 2011 @ 11:49 a.m.

they have a lot of work to do for sure...

TaJuana Dunlap May 20, 2011 @ 11:48 a.m.

your right in a way but like I responded in another comment there are few units out there that take care of there guys but they are hard to find. They need to go back to the old days when family came first and soilders where held high. No matter what I will always love and remain proud of those who sacrafice themselves for our country because I know I am not strong enough to do so keep that in mind. They do however have a lot of fixing up to do to get it back to they way it was.

TaJuana Dunlap May 20, 2011 @ 11:17 a.m.

You all make really good points. I think that the military has forgotten about the purpose of what they do and the fact that they have a responsibility too. The government is cutting all this funding which doesn't help military members stay motivated enough to want to stay in let alone make it a carreer. Most of the men being deployed now have such a lack of knowledge that it is no wonder why we are losing so many.

nan shartel May 20, 2011 @ 1:38 p.m.

so much of the Army is really is called up National Guard...most of those guys and gals never expected to be in a middle eastern war completely remove from their previous life and occupations

they signed on for weekends and stateside duty...not what they've had to contend with 4 9 years

Radical Uterus May 20, 2011 @ 2:17 p.m.

The Military is doing what it has always done.Ignore the grunts, deny, deny, deny.

The only thing being a veteran ever did for me was get me a discount on weed!