i think more and more lately about myself and how i fit into anyones life

I'm changing in many ways now...and often waiting for the Universe to signal me that i can still go on living productively

I've known forever and ever I'm only along for the ride....and if the bell rings and someone enters or exits the car it's meant to be

i cling to that realization where Bobby's difficulties are concerned

may i be open to his increasing emptiness

and strong during that time

but my stalwart chain mail seem rusted from my tears far too often

a dearest friend is on a vision quest that is painful and his emotions counter the more intellectual certainties of future success they'll bring...i pray for him...that the Universe will send him understanding unrelated to how he feels

of course he's a poet..and how they feel is often all encompassing....i completely understand the difficult balancing mechanisms involved in that

ahh well he has many friends and supporters and that's what he needs...he has many in his 3D world also

I hope he reaches out to them

one thing i do know now is that the Universe doesn't want me standing in the breach

and that loving isn't a good enough reason to do so

Oh My Dog !!!!

would you believe it at my age

I'm growing old and still growing up !!!!!!!*

Image

Comments

Tallsharon July 29, 2011 @ 2:42 p.m.

Seasoning sucks. I prefer to remain Peter panish or rather tinkerbellish. Let go of everything that doesn't bring you joy!

nan shartel July 29, 2011 @ 10:58 p.m.

one must find a sense of nobility and balance in one life....loved one chosen have the right to be seen thru difficult times even when cutting oneself free would be preferential

i prefer to be Wendy...love Peter deeply but not relocate forever to Neverland

hold joy and pain with equal reverence in my open hands

tomjohnston July 30, 2011 @ 8:08 a.m.

"Let go of everything that doesn't bring you joy!" I would disagree. You have to know sorrow to know joy. It's the distiction between the two that gives meaning to both. If you didn't feel pain, then how could you truly know what pleasure is?. "Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain."

nan shartel July 30, 2011 @ 12:38 p.m.

very well said tomjohnson...i'm an adherent to that philosophy

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...and with a wise intuition into the Universal order of things... one can choose JOY

i agree with Tallsharon if she means detach yourself from your negative emotion if they r not teaching u anything...replacing them with JOY would be preferable but often it doesn't work that way...they tend to wander back and bite you in the a$$ ;-D

tomjohnston July 30, 2011 @ 1:19 p.m.

If you detach yourself from negative emotions without learning why they are negative, what's causing them, then they are destined to return for sure. What doen't kill makes you stronger only if you learn from it. Simply going through the experience without some understandng of why doesn't necessarily give you that intuition to which you refer and as I said, one is destined to surely reilie it at some point. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing time and time again while expecting a different result, the the definition of futility surely must be reliving the samething time and time again without learning from it. Just my opinion. Opinions vary.

nan shartel July 30, 2011 @ 1:48 p.m.

just as in school lessons r repeated to bring more understanding of the fullness of the answer...we in our lives deal with that same phenomena

each time the lesson is revisited a layer of fuller understanding is achieved

it would be nice and economical time-wise to be a quick study...but much of life is 2 complicated for that to occur

but a certain kind of detachment is often a tool available to revisit painful situations with already learned wisdom...if not eager...then resolute to learn more

the situation is the teacher...

i ask the Universe whenever a painful situation happens in my life...WHAT R U TRYING TO TEACH ME WITH THIS?

instead of bulling right in i wait 4 the answer to come...or 4 many answers to come

my HB has early stage Alzheimers...i understand the biology...know that it is common in our time...my medical expertise is a boon and a detriment to my dealing with it because i could lose my personal relationship with him as his mind slips

but i'm unwilling to let that happen...so i revisit the pain from time to time to achieve a greater understanding of the bits and pieces that will be left to store my joy for him in

nothing is more futile then Alzheimers...but i will stay and hold him closed in body mind and spirit and JOY 'til the end

all opinions bring knowledge and wisdom tomjohnson...please continue to bring urs here to me...namaste

tomjohnston July 30, 2011 @ 5:41 p.m.

What's that old saying, "It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey" That's long been my mantra, so I have a somewhat differing view of life's "complications". What ever happens along the way only enrichens the journey. To me it's not any more complicated than that. Sure there are times when you seem overwhelmed and think it's too much. Remember when the hormones kicked in for the first time and you had no clue what was going on & life seemed very complicated. Or when your oldest daughter was born and the Dr. tells you her umbilical cord had gotten wrapped around her neck and he didn't know for certain for how long or what the consequence would be. At first you think the worst, but if you're lucky, at some point you realize that if you know in your soul that you have done all you can and you have no control over the rest,it's like you have taken a deep breath and are breathing again. And you know that wherever it goes, it's meant to be and you can cope with it; part of the journey, as it were. The best answers are the ones you haven't gone looking for, sometimes not even knowing you asked the question, metaphorically speaking, of course.

nan shartel July 30, 2011 @ 6:51 p.m.

ditto tomjohnson...but i go looking if the Universe directs me 2...i'm never in a completely passive posture

even tho i'm a yoganista..i appreciate and participate in Tai Chi it's dynamic counterpart as well

about ur daughter...docs often give u the worse scenario...i'm hoping it all turned out well for u

it's been nice to interact with u on this blogs journey ;-D

richzombie July 29, 2011 @ 3:52 p.m.

yes i believe it . grateful for all experiances and opportunity to feel them and not totally understand or grasp them all. yes we are growing up - a bit - haha ! kinda fun - too!

nan shartel July 29, 2011 @ 11:01 p.m.

it certainly keeps life interesting RZ ;-D

humbly grateful that each day is, with the right perspective, a new beginning

w00t!!!

bohemianopus July 30, 2011 @ 3:11 p.m.

Nan,

You are a true warrior. A wise woman like no other. I think many of us in your position would bail.

You have my love and admiration. I wish you all the best.

nan shartel July 30, 2011 @ 3:16 p.m.

ah thx Pat..my age and the yoga helps...hahahahahahahahaha ;-D

when i was younger and still rock climbing my nickname was Wonder Woman because i wore a climbing costume that from a distance made me look like her

i never retired that costume

nan shartel July 30, 2011 @ 3:33 p.m.

don't let that happen Mindy...fight it with the spirit of ur Pitties...don't attack...but don't retreat either...u got the moxie ...u can do it gal

i'm probably many many years older than u honeypop...summon ur Goddess or religious faith and hang in there

namaste ;-D

Twister July 30, 2011 @ 6:24 p.m.

"They tell us we are wasting TIME--but we are wasting our LIVES!" --Eric Hoffer

Don't waste a second more than you have to on anger alone. Don't let the bastards (in everyday life) get you down--JUST DON'T LET THEM! LAUGH IT OFF! Use humor--it's the best drug there is.

Don't be manipulated, but don't manipulate! Don't expect, expectorate! Ignore "them." On the other hand, don't have your guard up so much that you misinterpret concern for aggression. Have fun. If you're having fun, even if you fake it, others will behave accordingly. Things WILL get better when you MAKE things better. Concentrate on the here and now . . . BE!

nan shartel July 31, 2011 @ 7:11 p.m.

why thx Twister...wiser words were never spoken!!!

"be here now" as Baba Ram Dass often said

u cant live tomorrow today and yesterday is gone

today is all that's available

let ur wise self be open to all who come into ur space

be authentically who u are and all will be well ;-D

nan shartel July 31, 2011 @ 10:22 p.m.

are these kinds of things a certainty Mindy...or are they a projection of ur speculation of that dirt nap we all will have to take someday

choose to have more positive expectation gurl...and u'll create a different kind of tomorrow