Shelli DeRobertis 2 p.m., July 30
- Community Blog
- Living San Diego through a Tourist's Eyes
Getting to know your hometown
Pop Quiz San Diego
Did you know that you that the odd numbered highways in San Diego travel north and south and the even numbered highways travel east and west?
- I-805 North/South
- SR-54 East/West
- CA-52 East/West
Did you know that some of the most significant people who impacted the history of San Diego died broke?
Who is Alonzo Horton? What do you know about Horton Plaza?
How did the Gaslamp Quarter get its name?
Why is there only one random house in the middle of it? Is the William Heath Davis House haunted?
Is Old Town indeed the oldest town in San Diego?
Who were the first people to settle in this new port city?
Follow me as we explore a city native to few, new to others and familiar to some. Behind a secret passage in a wardrobe box, there is a place you call home you thought you knew. Together, let's get to know "America's Finest City" without rose colored glasses. We'll use discounts, offers and deals so that you, too can enjoy San Diego as if you were just visiting everyday.
More like this:
- Early history of Pacific Beach — Aug. 1, 2002
- Why does my little street have such a big block number? — Jan. 31, 2002
- Out of This World at Mt. Hope — Oct. 26, 2000
- Borderline Truckers — Jan. 6, 2000
- Two Views of San Diego — May 21, 1987