I know, I'm really in no position of being picky right now when it comes to a husband. But oh well, c'est la vie, what can I do about it? I have my profile on every single free dating website I know and as I'm full of myself most of the times I have no problems getting dates. Dates that usually end up at just a free diner. There are all kind of guys out there, older, younger, richer, crazier, hornier, smarter, boring as hell "I'm about to shoot my brains out" etc but I still have to find myself a husband material. Do I really ask for that much? I will entertain you and make your days brighter, I will cook and clean and work 4 jobs and bring money into the house, I will always have a smile on my face and if you really want you can even cheat on me, I really don't care as soon as I get that piece of paper of color green. We can sign a nuptial and you can divorce me in a couple of years if you want, no biggie. We can even be great friends afterwords! So I've been thinking last night after another horrible date; I could just marry myself. I mean my alter ego was born and raised in the US, he is as American as it gets. Annoys the hell out of me sometimes, he can be lazy but also so smart, he thinks he can do anything and he gets what he wants in most cases. But he is soo American sometimes and he sees the world with his stupid pink goggles, drives me crazy but I love him. It's my other half and we've been an item for a while now, we will be a great married couple and we can grow old together. Only if marring my American alter ego would also come with a green card, I don't think he can survive out of US if he has to come with me. His life would be at risk, maybe we could apply for asylum instead! Or change the law, after they pass the gay marriage they could let me marry myself and I will be happy, we both will!:)

Comments

CuddleFish Nov. 11, 2009 @ 5:04 p.m.

Am I the only one who's fascinated by this LFJ blog????

Each entry is addictive as crack!!!!

littleimmigrant Nov. 22, 2009 @ 1:45 p.m.

Thank you CuddleFish! I've debating with myself for a while if the "addictive as crack" comparison is good or bad. I settled for the second.:)

CuddleFish Nov. 22, 2009 @ 1:51 p.m.

I am your faithful reader, littleimmigrant, love each entry!!!

Josh Board Nov. 22, 2009 @ 3:14 p.m.

After watching Carrie Prejeans latest video...I'm wondering if she, too, is thinking about marrying herself.

littleimmigrant Nov. 23, 2009 @ 10:48 a.m.

I didn't even know who Carrie Prejeans is, thank God for google! It seams that just like me she does a lot of nonsense talking. I should team up with her and create a two person Political Movement that is worried and cares about the rights of alter egos. She could be the spoke person, I could be the speech writer. We can even have annual "alter egos parades" maybe we can make this "marrying with ourselves" thing happen:)

CuddleFish Nov. 23, 2009 @ 11:06 a.m.

LOLOLOLOL Hmmmm, you could have your headquarters here. :)

Adam92102 Nov. 23, 2009 @ 11:50 a.m.

Little, I laughed, I cried, I voted no on Prop 8. Great post.

I must admit, I have checked out those websites (not for your profile, by the way... I have no idea who you'd be on there). I looked out of curiosity, to see what and who is out there. And yes, I even looked on Craigslist. A majority of it kind of scares me. I mean, people (both men and women) put such heavy restrictions on their notion of "happiness" without any flexibility it seems. While that's understandable, it just seems too closed off.

And if kids can divorce from their parents, why can't people marry themselves? Just curious. Good luck in your endeavors. I look forward to reading them. You have a new blog fan.