Marty Graham 10:30 a.m., Feb. 25
- Community Blog
- Lakeside CA
P-51'S SPOTTED IN LAKESIDE CA.
By Billy Ortiz
For many years this model airplane port has seen the likes of many WWII veterans my friend Art Flores, who I have come to watch fly his P-51, tells me as he points out a couple old guys in their 90's having a good time flying their planes. Art tells me they were pilots in WWII. The model airplane are to scale and anyone flying must be a member of a club. Arts club is First Wedd Wackers Aero Squadren. All pilots must be certified and carry insurance on their planes in case of accident FWWAS will be performing at halftime at this years Wings Over Gillespie on June 2nd and 3rd. Its great fun as these model planes come in all shapes and sizes, from gliders to pilon racers they are all great.
VIEW VIDEO HERE->
More like this:
- Pilot of Home-Built Airplane Makes Landing on SR-67 — July 22, 2012
- Historical Dam in Lakeside Ca. — June 7, 2011
- In a Tailspin — Jan. 25, 2007
- Brother Warriors Take Wing — Sept. 9, 1999
- Wing Men — April 13, 1989