Various Authors 8:04 p.m., July 1
- Community Blog
- Lakeside CA
Cleveland National Forest
I am a hiker in the East County of San Diego. There is one place I love to go. I find myself often at El Cajon Mountain. Two years ago I took more notice of the raptors that live in the area and started video documenting my encounters with the magnificent El Cajon Mt.
Golden Eagles and any other raptors Like White Tailed Kites, Peregrine Falcons, Bald Eagles and Osprey Eagles. It takes time and patience to spot and figure out the patterns of these birds, but sometimes you just get lucky. The one in this video circled for 15 minutes as we sat in our boat at El Capitan Reservoir. Golden eagles can be spotted often soaring in the updrafts coming off the western slopes of Our Majestic Mt in Lakeside, California.
More like this:
- Eagles hate people and avoid L.A. — May 21, 2016
- Ticket to Write taps into rock journalism’s main vein — June 10, 2015
- Bald eagles have landed in Ramona — Jan. 9, 2013
- Bobcat by the Roadside in Lakeside — March 10, 2012
- Hawk Hill. Part 2 — Oct. 12, 2011