Shelli DeRobertis 2 p.m., July 30
I bumped into Greer Grimsley at 7-11 downtown yesterday. Greer is singing Mephistopheles in SDO's production of Faust.
I asked him if he ever reads reviews.
He said he waits until a show is over and then reads the reviews because they can be insightful. They can also be distracting which is why he waits.
I mentioned being irked at one, specific, San Diego reviewer who seems to have no grasp of the art form of opera.
Greer wasn't surprised. "Oh that's everywhere."
More like this:
- San Diego Opera Salome: Beef. It's What's for Dinner (3 of 4) — Jan. 24, 2012
- San Diego Opera Salome: Nude and Nuder (2 of 4) — Jan. 18, 2012
- San Diego Opera: Heads Will Roll (1 of 4) — Jan. 17, 2012
- DMV...isn't as easy as 1,2,3 — Nov. 2, 2007
- Greer Grabs for Pension — June 5, 1997