2 p.m., Dec. 10
Mother and Infant Die from Injuries
Vehicular manslaughter a serious crime.
Woodman and Tooma Streets, Bay Terraces September 14, 4:30 p.m. SDPD 32.681499, -117.042053
Vehicular manslaughter charges will most likely be filed against a young woman whose Jeep collided with a Chevrolet Aveo in bay Terraces. Roxanne Aguilar Gutierrez, 21, was the passenger, her husband was driving. Roxanne was pregnant with her son, Steven Anthony Gutierrez-Sherry, whom she gave birth to via emergency Caesarean section before passing away September 14.
The newborn infant, only 39 weeks old, died Saturday, September 15. Police fault the 17-year-old driver of the Jeep, according to SDPD Sgt. Jeff Fellows. The girl pulled out from a stop sign at Woodman and Tooma Streets and collided with the couple's car. She will be liable for the deaths of mother and child if and when charges are filed.
Roxanne Aguilar Gutierrez was born in Coronado and served in the California Army National Guard.
More like this:
- Jury declares woman guilty of three DUI manslaughters — Oct. 22, 2012
- Vista woman on trial for DUI manslaughter after freeway crash — Oct. 12, 2012
- Man Admits Manslaughter in Oceanside Car Crash — Aug. 2, 2012
- Man Kidnaps, Kills Wife — Sept. 12, 2007
- The Sarcastic Killer — Aug. 2, 2007