Jeff Smith 9:05 a.m., Jan. 24
- Community Blog
American man murdered in Ensenada
The State Attorney General of Baja California is investigating the murder of a man which occurred Tuesday night, June 18, 2013 in the Mar de Ensenada subdivision of Ensenada, Baja California.
According to the preliminary official data, the body was found inside a home located on calle Retorno de los Gavilnaes, #121, in the Mar de Ensenada subdivision.
The dead man had multiple stab wounds in the chest, abdomen, neck and face.
According to the official report, the deceased was identified as Joe Souquette, 54 years of age, and who is an American citizen who lived in the home.
Neighbors of the victim said that Souquette was retired. He was a solitary person who did not have constant visitors and did not have relatives in the city.
The 54-year old man had difficulty walking, and moved slowly without the help of a cane, walker or wheel chair.
More like this:
- Murders in Baja California increased 24% during the first half of 2013 — July 2, 2013
- American murders a Canadian in San Felipe, Baja California — May 6, 2013
- Elderly father in Ensenada, Baja California gives up his young son — Dec. 8, 2012
- More North American Deaths in Mexico — Jan. 15, 2012
- Crimes against Americans in Baja — Oct. 26, 2011