Joseph O'Brien 7 p.m., Aug. 31
Copley Bell Rings No More: Union-Tribune Sale Closes Monday?
The end of the Copley-era at the Union-Tribune apparently arrived yesterday when workers at the Mission Valley plant were photographed preparing to pry the huge bronze Copley Press "Ring of Truth" logo from the building. Next to go, reportedly today, is the logo on the sign at the front of the building. According one report, the sale of the paper to a venture owned by Beverly Hills-based Platinum Equity is to close tomorrow, Monday May 4.
More like this:
- Manchester A Step Closer to Union-Tribune Takeover — Dec. 1, 2011
- Copley Building Sold for $4.75 Million Advertised for $6.5 Million — June 7, 2009
- Tracking the Union-Tribune Deal: Five parcels sold for a total of $51.2 million — May 6, 2009
- Is the Union-Tribune deal about to close? — May 1, 2009
- Union-Tribune is up for sale, company tells employees — July 24, 2008