Dorian Hargrove 6:30 p.m., Sept. 1
- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
State of City Address Tonight -- One Night Only!
San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders delivers his 2010 State of the City address tonight.
What I am looking for is a concrete plan to increase funding to the City of San Diego without raising everybody's taxes. There is a way to do it while also closing a nearly $500M annual sinkhole in our local economy.
I'll be darn happy if he suggests a way to cut that down to, say, under $400M a year...
$100M a year in extra funding that the state can't take away from us will buy us a lot more police and fire fighter protection than we can afford as a city right now.
Details RE tonight's address: http://www.sandiego.gov/mayor/email/sotc09.html
More like this:
- City attorney Goldsmith fights to keep his emails private — March 7, 2014
- Imperial Beach’s state of the city address to cost how much? — Dec. 16, 2013
- City accused of subverting public records law in lawsuit over Convention Center expansion — July 10, 2013
- Good News: San Diego Budget Deficit Now Only $77M — Jan. 14, 2010
- On the Utilitarian Calculus of Ideal Democracy in America — Jan. 12, 2010