Matthew Suárez 11 a.m., Nov. 28
- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
Alpine ALERT: Powerlink Digging Begins?
Alert residents in Alpine report that the main drag is being trenched in the middle of town. No SDG&E employees were reported in the sighting.
Alpine has been a point of contention as residents were not given suitable warning that the one main street in town would need to be torn up to make way for an undergound portion of SDG&E's Sunrise Powerlink line.
The Sunrise Powerlink project has resulted in at least one recently-filed lawsuit to delay the project until environmental concerns can be met, including alleged environmental and the endangered species act violations.
Apparently, it is SDG&E's opinion-of-weight that economic interests along the main vein in Alpine are in no way endangered by anything done to surface streets in the name of the Sunrise Powerlink project.
More like this:
- Alpine, Supervisor Jacob Warn SDG&E & Forest Service of Wildfires — June 28, 2010
- SDG&E Sunrise Powerlink Community Information for You — April 27, 2010
- On "SDG&E TO HOLD 4 COMMUNITY MEETINGS ON SUNRISE POWERLINK IN MAY - OMITS LAKESIDE" — April 25, 2010
- San Diego City Council to Review SDG&E as to Electric Franchise? — Jan. 22, 2010
- Will These Keep the Lights On? — May 28, 2008