Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 30
- Community Blog
- 92101 Urban Living
Downtown San Diego Harbor Drive’s View is Now Forever Changed
Last week crews swung in the last piece of the span for a $26.8 million dollar pedestrian bridge. Which has one of the longest self anchored pedestrian suspension spans in the world; the 500-foot bridge is designed by San Diego architects Safdie Rabines.
92101 Urban Living have been following the development of the Pedestrian Bridge and we are excited to see how fast this construction is taking place. Visit our earlier blog Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge Breaks Ground and also our earlier news Pedestrian Bridge Span Put in Place Downtown for more information.
The City of San Diego has to build an overhead span for pedestrians in order to reopen the public walkway across Harbor at Park Boulevard which closed as a byproduct of the Petco Park Project.The bridge will unite Downtown San Diego’s Urban core with a safe pedestrian crossing with easy access to the Convention Center, Petco Park, restaurants, shopping and more. What can beat the “one of a kind” view of a San Diego Downtown loft or condo owner at night time with so much to offer?
For more information about the bridge or other redevelopment projects in the Downtown San Diego area visit www.ccdc.com.
More like this:
- Bridge to Somewhere Delicious — May 17, 2011
- Looking for Something Fun to Do? Play “Disc Golf” at Morley Field! — Oct. 13, 2009
- North Embarcadero is Blooming with the New Urban Trees 6 Exhibit in Downtown San Diego! — Sept. 9, 2009
- The Development of the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge Continues in the East Village District! — Aug. 11, 2009
- Famous Firework Event in 92101 Downtown San Diego - 4th of July Celebration — June 16, 2009