Charlie Morgenstern 11 a.m., May 24
- Community Blog
Alberto Avila is one of those slightly eccentric and endearing characters one runs in to from time-to-time in Southern California. With no more than a dustpan and broom, he creates murals out of sand on the street in Coronado.
We came across him today, where he was just completing a large heart shaped mural celebrating Mexico's 2-1 soccer win in a World Cup qualifier.
He showed me all his newspaper clippings demonstrating how famous he is and when I said I would put his picture in my blog, he created some script in sand referencing the San Diego Reader.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Where Butterflies Abound — Aug. 29, 2009
- Back in Town — Aug. 6, 2009
- Another Perfect Day — June 26, 2009