Joseph O'Brien 6 a.m., March 29
Landmark Theatres Marketing Coordinator makes some noise
By day, Branden Parrish is the regional Marketing Coordinator for Landmark Theatres, a man responsible for brewing some of the most savory movie theatre coffee ever to warm this reporter's gullet. Under the cloak of darkness, Branden transforms into the lead guitarist for the band Sculpins.
I thought that a skull pin was what they used to hold Monty Clift's head together after the accident. "If you look up the word 'sculpin' in the dictionary," says Parrish, "it's defined as the most poisonous fish that lives on the bottom of the sea. Local beer lovers also know it as San Diego's most brutal IPA."
Why not support our local treasure when the Sculpins take to the stage with Fear (that's the name of another band, not their current state of mind) this Friday night at the Casbah? Don't miss what Parrish promises to be, "A night of punk that will forever live in infamy."
If you can't make it tomorrow, be sure to catch the band Saturday night at the Ken Club. According to BP's FB page, "Starting early at 8pm sharp with another special surprise guest not on the flyer! Whatever68 Radio will be supplying the in between tunes. Northern Tigers have been revealed and will blow your heads clean so do not miss what they have been building up for you!"
More like this:
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- A gallery of 33 vintage posters from Hollywood's Golden Age of cartoons — June 12, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- Landmark Theatres continues to provide that personal touch — Jan. 14, 2013
- Critics Barred from Bringing Starbucks into AMC Fashion Valley — April 4, 2012