Chris Douthit 11 a.m., Aug. 29
The Carpeteria: A brief pictorial tribute to Joe Pesci's 'hair'
Good news! While paying a visit to the Walter Parks Thatcher Memorial Storage Facility, I unearthed my scanner and a box containing a few hundred of the thousands of original 8 x 10 stills in the vault. Please don't ask why they're not in color. These stills were originally provided for use in newspapers and print publications. Unless they were intended for lobby display, the majority of the photos in the collection are black-and-white.
Not since Burt Reynolds has an actor gone through more ragged rugs than Joe Pesci. Here, in chronological order, is a salute to Pesci's pesky perukes.
If you are wondering why Joe stopped making movies, he spends most of his time on a golf course, presumably helping O.J. look for the real killer or Ron and Nicole.
Joe jumped on the network bandwagon five years after receiving a best supporting actor nomination for Raging Bull. His feather cut fibers never looked better. The show was axed after one season.
More like this:
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: North by Northwest — July 23, 2013
- The music side of Comic-Con - Metallica, Weezer, Thomas Negovan and more — July 20, 2013
- 11 celebrity comedy teams we'd like to see — July 18, 2013
- Female trouble — July 10, 2013
- Why Citizen Kane flopped in Canada — July 1, 2013