Marty Graham 10:30 a.m., Sept. 18
Seven Psychopaths: question for discussion
So don't even bother with this until after you've seen the film. But after you've seen the film — you know, when you're enjoying a snifter of XO Cognac by the fire and busting out your back issues of Les Cahiers du Cinema in your efforts to untangle the film's inner workings — maybe ask yourself: who was the Tom Waits character?
(Seriously — spoilers ahead.)
Like Costello, he is a violent man who keeps a cute little pet tucked under his arm. Like Billy — or at least like Billy suggests — he is a serial killer of serial killers. Like Hans, he is a vengeful crusader with an African-American love interest. Like Marty, he is a storyteller, horrified by the violence that erupts. And he is a big fat dramatic loose end. So who is he?
More like this:
- The Texas Chainsaw interview that never was — Dec. 31, 2012
- Prometheus: Questions for Discussion. — June 8, 2012
- Dig a Hole: Leonard Kastle, The Honeymoon Killers one-hit wonder — May 23, 2011
- Looking up Marilyn's skirt — May 22, 2003
- Why do clowns scare people? — Sept. 2, 1999