Vincent Farnsworth 4:30 p.m., March 15
The magic of Hollywood
I love this shot of Natalie Portman on the set of Terrence Malick's Significant Whispers (not its real title).
So much effort being expended in the effort to make a beautiful and glamorous Hollywood star look like a slightly trashy Midwestern tartlet. I think the faded thighs on the denim miniskirt are my favorite part, but the ankle boots are a close second, followed by the straining buttons on her undersized tee.
More like this:
- A closer look at Brad Pitt's ad for Chanel No. 5 — Oct. 15, 2012
- Sean Penn Cannot Tell A Lie, Takes Ax to Malick's The Tree of Life — Aug. 22, 2011
- Toy-Pitchman Michael Bay Writes Letter to Theatre Projectionists — June 26, 2011
- MST3K takes on The Tree of Life! — June 21, 2011
- The Projectionist Has Final Cut — Ask Terrence Malick — June 2, 2011