Robert Bush 7 p.m., Dec. 7
Wussies at Rotten Tomatoes Close Dark Knight Comments After Critics Threatened
Just when the blurb-spitting website Rotten Tomatoes gives us something to read, they decide to play censor.
The aggravating aggregating site suspended user comments on reviews of The Dark Knight Rises after some fans got a little too hostile. Readers met negative press with equal doses of intimidation and profanity causing RT to close reader reactions until the film opens this Friday.
"The job of policing the comments became more than my staff could handle for that film, so we stopped the comments altogether," said Matt Atchity, the site's editor-in-chief. "It just got to be too much hate based on reactions to reviews of movies that people hadn't even seen."
The critics that met with fanboy disdain include Marshall Fine of Hollywood & Fine, Christy Lemire of The Associated Press, and Nick Pinkerton of the Village Voice.
More like this:
- Deepwater Horizon, tronc, and other disasters — Sept. 30, 2016
- People Who Can't Draw Are Stunned by Those Who Can! — July 14, 2010
- Stringers Are NOT Reader Reporters, plus Taylor Swift's Taylor Guitar, Local Blogger Silenced By Killers, Wavves Calls SD "Wretched," SDMA Fishwrap, Zappa, Weiland, Axl, Blackheart, Ms. Beatle, Halford, Mower, more — Oct. 27, 2009
- Slow Death — Sept. 20, 2001
- Beat Lit Writ Large — Dec. 15, 1994