Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
SD Asian Film Festival Celebrates Lunar New Year With Dante Lam's The Viral Factor
I'll see you tomorrow night at AMC Mission Valley for the one and only screening of Dante Lam's The Viral Factor. No DVD screeners were sent out (GOOD!) so I'll be among the crowd eager to see it when it shows at 7:20 p.m.
Lam's violent action-thriller The Stool Pigeon was one of the hits at this year's San Diego Asian Film Festival. It's the only one of Lam's 18 features that I've seen, which leaves me with a lot of catching up to do.
All I know about the film comes from the SDAFF press release: "An elite counter terrorist unit based in Hong Kong heads to the Middle East to find a deadly virus. When one of its members (Nicholas Tse) betrays the team, team leader (Jay Chou) must stop his former comrade before he unleashes the virus."
Tickets are $11.00 for the general public and $10.00 for seniors. Click for more information.
More like this:
- Does Your Film Have What It Takes to Play the SD Asian Film Festival? — Jan. 26, 2012
- Update on Asian Film Festival Screening of The Viral Factor — Jan. 20, 2012
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- Review: The Stool Pigeon — Oct. 20, 2011
- 12th Annual San Diego Asian Film Festival Promises Fresh Hou Hsiao-Hsien and More! — Oct. 11, 2011