• Big Screen alerts

Q: What do you get when you combine Spielberg's lisp, Lucas' chins, and Carrie Fisher's mammary glands?

A: Jabba the Nut!

Image

Thanks to my friend, former student, and eternal teacher Ward Porrill for slapping this on my Facebook wall. You won't catch me attending the 3D conversion of Episode One. Not even the stereopticians at Prime Focus can add depth to this long-faced nuisance. May the remorse be with you!

• Big Screen alerts

Comments

tward77 Jan. 10, 2012 @ 3:53 p.m.

You're welcome and I'm sorry. May the Fonz be with you!

Colonna Jan. 11, 2012 @ 2:54 a.m.

Eddie Schwartz had a love child and his name is Francis!

Thanks for sharing, I think...

Scott Marks Jan. 12, 2012 @ 11:56 a.m.

You are welcome, kiddo! I will meet you at the Ho-Kow Cafe, where I don't have to pay. I think the maître d' likes me. I could eat eggrolls forever.

Matthew Lickona Jan. 11, 2012 @ 10:23 a.m.

That was one of the finest on-screen breakdowns in film history. Easily better than Sheen's in Apocalypse Now. I hope you all caught the fact that when he is sobbing at the end, he is sobbing The Star Wars theme. It's a freaking master class - the veering from knowing self-mockery to apparent genuine rage is breathtaking.

Scott Marks Jan. 12, 2012 @ 11:54 a.m.

The phallic placement of the Toys R Us light-saber, his purposeful positioning as a shirtless Jabba clone auditioning for the part of a motion-capture stand-in, the voice that so does not fit the body, the George C. Scott finale...Did you ever think you'd catch me posting a "Star Wars" fanboy clip on this blog? I was felled by this clip.

Scott Marks Jan. 12, 2012 @ 11:48 a.m.

Since we're off topic...

For years, this was my go-to crybaby breakdown:

I like the way you think, Dolores. Always have. So glad they receive YouTube where you're at, sweetie.

Colonna Jan. 12, 2012 @ 12:45 p.m.

Old celebrity crying tapes never die, they find their way onto YouTube. Courtesy of Mr. Marks:

Scott Marks Jan. 12, 2012 @ 12:58 p.m.

Man, it's getting dark in here!

I did some great work back in the day. Wonderful to see Andy the Clown again!