Ian Anderson noon, Dec. 25
Watch The Magic of 'Hugo' Extra Bonus Behind-the-Scenes Making-Of Featurette
You don't want to see the emails I receive from publicists begging me to blog about a personal appearance by the latest Twilight background player coming through town, or post roundtable interviews with the cast of Disney's Prom. I feel like J.J. Hunsecker to their Sidney Falco and trust my readers have little interest in what flows down the mainstream.
While Hugo is as close as Marty's come to making a feel-good picture for the masses, with a budget ranging between $150 million to $170 million, it's not even close to breaking even. As of this writing, the film's $62,483,917 domestic take indicates Hugo Cabret will probably be in his forties by the time the picture finally turns a profit.
It's clearly designed as Oscar-bait, but the featurette is a terrific appetite-whetter, dropping hints of what will eventually form the second disc in the 2 DVD set.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011