Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Jan. 18
Pop Quiz - Star Wars
Is Qui-Gon Jinn's face absent from this display because
a) Actor Liam Neeson (pictured in the role) will no longer be a party to this never-ending cash-grab, and has demanded that his likeness be removed from all promotional materials?
b) Director George Lucas is finally ready to admit that the character he created for Qui-Gon Jinn was not really much of a character at all, but rather, an essentially faceless placeholder, a repository for plot points, and an organic locus for computer-generated effects?
c) There are plans afoot for a 2016 re-re-re-re-release of The Phantom Menace, in which viewers will be able to upload digital images of their own faces, which will then be integrated into the film using patented "Narcissitech" software?
d) In this version, Darth Maul totally stabs Qui-Gon in the face, making it disappear just like Obi-Wan after Vader took him out?
e) Lucasfilm Ltd. shrewdly perceived that for the Kids Today, getting a picture of yourself mugging it up with a cardboard display in the lobby is actually much more important than seeing the film - "I was there" trumping "It was great"?
f) Fill in your own answer in the comments! Or not!
More like this:
- Interview: Seven Psychopaths wrangler, Martin McDonagh — Oct. 12, 2012
- Interview with Samsara producer Mark Magidson and director Ron Fricke — Sept. 7, 2012
- Review: Underworld: Awakening — Jan. 20, 2012
- Interview: Martha Marcy May Marlene Star Elizabeth Olsen — Oct. 28, 2011
- Feature: Steven-Charles Jaffe, Writer-Director of Gahan Wilson: Born Dead, Still Weird — July 29, 2011