Mercy Baron 4:30 p.m., May 25
Walt Disney Unleashes Jaundiced Mutt!
Long before Courage: The Cowardly Dog debuted on Nickelodeon, this 1958 ad -- heralding another lily-livered pooch -- appeared in the pages of the South Carolina Spartanberg Herald-Journal.
Disney films are primers for children on adult neuroses. Here's hoping that Courage had his rabies vaccine.
More like this:
- Casting The Yoda Movie — Feb. 6, 2013
- Short Takes: Courageous — Sept. 30, 2011
- Overheard at Disney: "Hey guys, remember when we were cool?" — Aug. 23, 2011
- Anatomy Of An Ad Campaign: Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs — July 25, 2011
- Anatomy of an Ad Campaign: The Marx Bros. A Night at the Opera — July 12, 2011