Emily Reily 11 a.m., Nov. 21
Empire of Silver: Vistas Aplenty
My Empire of Silver capsule review should be up in a bit, but in the meantime, I'd like to take a moment to wonder why American filmmakers seem to have lost the art of the dramatic long shot. I think it may have something to do with their fear of holding still, lest the audience grow restless. These are just captures taken from the YouTube trailer, but I'm hoping they convey something of the broad-canvas goodness in this film...
Also well done: ritual.
More like this:
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Three Stooges — Dec. 8, 2011
- Tracking Simian Reactions to San Diego Zoo's Screening of Rise of the Planet of the Apes — Aug. 30, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Woman in Black: Daniel Radcliffe Stars in Rise of the Planet of the Tiny Toy Apes? — Aug. 18, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for One Day: The Many Faces of Anne Hathaway — Aug. 9, 2011
- Never Mind The Muppets, Here's Starship! — Aug. 8, 2011