Liz Swain 2:31 p.m., Dec. 19
Florida Gulf Coast University sends crate of glass slippers to defeated SDSU men's basketball team
Coach Fisher wonders, "How did they find 'em in our boys' size?"
After 15th-seeded Florida Gulf Coast University knocked off 7th-seeded San Diego State University in Sunday's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament action (and 2nd-seeded Georgetown just two nights before), the Azuls apparently celebrated by doing a little shopping. Today, a crate containing over 50 pairs of Lucite high heels (known as the "stripper's glass slipper") arrived at the SDSU Athletic Department's administrative offices. "Dear Aztecs," read the accompanying note, "we know that these won't fit, since only Cinderella gets to wear the glass slipper, but right now, we need to stick to basketball shoes. Maybe you guys can make 'em work. You certainly played like delicate princesses yesterday."
More like this:
- West coast college basketball is a bust — March 27, 2013
- SDSU beats Oklahoma, advances in NCAA Tournament — March 23, 2013
- The East Coast Sports Industrial Complex was right, the West Coast sucks — March 21, 2012
- (Astro)turf War — Dec. 12, 2011
- Sweet Sixteen — March 23, 2006