Ian Anderson noon, July 31
Rap brawl at City Hall
Mayor Bob "Big Boy" Filner to take on Jan "Mayor Slayer" Goldsmith in Epic Rap Election this Fall
Filner on Feud: "It's time to settle this like adults - adults who wish they could rap."
Popular vote will determine champion; winner gains control of so-called "discretionary funds."
Longtime rivals release opening statements at event announcement; skirmishes expected to continue throughout the summer.
Goldsmith: "Don't see the need for a poll/ This mayor's out of control/ His plan is taking its toll/ Peeling bills of the roll/ Digging deeper than coal/ It's time to Fill-ner the hole!"
Filner: "I got a plan for Jan, City Atttorney/ He's done, had his fun, now it's time for a journey/ He roll flat on his back, on a hospital gurney!"
More like this:
- Impeachment bragging may bite Goldsmith — March 25, 2014
- City attorney Goldsmith boasted how he worked on Filner ouster for 8 months — Oct. 18, 2013
- Did City Attorney Jan Goldsmith lift the suspension on closed session meetings? — July 7, 2013
- Then along came the $100,000 -- City Attorney and councilmember question two mystery checks from Sunroad — June 12, 2013
- Mayor Filner to impatient pot proponents: "Quit harshing my mellow." — Jan. 30, 2013