Bob McPhail 4:30 p.m., Aug. 29
Rap brawl at City Hall
Mayor Bob "Big Boy" Filner to take on Jan "Mayor Slayer" Goldsmith in Epic Rap Election this Fall
Filner on Feud: "It's time to settle this like adults - adults who wish they could rap."
Popular vote will determine champion; winner gains control of so-called "discretionary funds."
Longtime rivals release opening statements at event announcement; skirmishes expected to continue throughout the summer.
Goldsmith: "Don't see the need for a poll/ This mayor's out of control/ His plan is taking its toll/ Peeling bills of the roll/ Digging deeper than coal/ It's time to Fill-ner the hole!"
Filner: "I got a plan for Jan, City Atttorney/ He's done, had his fun, now it's time for a journey/ He roll flat on his back, on a hospital gurney!"
More like this:
- Impeachment bragging may bite Goldsmith — March 25, 2014
- City attorney Goldsmith boasted how he worked on Filner ouster for 8 months — Oct. 18, 2013
- Did City Attorney Jan Goldsmith lift the suspension on closed session meetings? — July 7, 2013
- Then along came the $100,000 -- City Attorney and councilmember question two mystery checks from Sunroad — June 12, 2013
- Mayor Filner to impatient pot proponents: "Quit harshing my mellow." — Jan. 30, 2013